Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dinner Party

 This year my birthday falls in the middle of the week and I will be out of town, so we decided to have a few friends over to celebrate a little early. One thing I miss the most here is good Thai and Indian food, so Patrick cooked a feast of red and green curry, pad thai and spring rolls. 
The food was totally delicious and we finished off the meal with Patrick's Blueberry Crisp-my fave.
Our friend, Justin, who helped Patrick cook dinner.
One of my dearest friends, Jill.

Another one of my dearest friends, Jenny. She is expecting a baby in September!

 A few weeks ago, I showed Patrick a photo of this necklace and asked if he could make one. He told me there was no way he could make that and kept asking if I wanted the one on the website. I of course did not want the one on the website; I wanted one made by him. Anyways, it was no big deal and I forgot about it. On Sunday night he gave me an envelope and inside were TWO beautiful heart necklaces that he made with his very own hands. The big one is made out of red heart wood and the small one made of iron wood. They are so beautiful and perfectly smooth. By far one of the sweetest and most special gifts I have ever received.

6 comments:

  1. Those necklaces are beautiful!!! And that blueberry crisp is something you'll need to make at our house next Christmas Patrick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's so papaw

    the highest of compliments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those necklaces are so sweet and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! and i want some of that blueberry crisp.

    ReplyDelete