Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Home


Below are photos of my first two houses that I lived in in Homer. The first was a tiny red cabin in town, with a great yard. I found it online from Oklahoma and remember finding it strange that the advertisement specified, "has running water." When I moved here I realized that many people live without running water (by choice) and some without electricity. While I have never done this, I have plenty of friends who do, and I have learned to be totally comfortable visiting their outhouses. My next house was also in town. It was constantly under construction, but super cool on the inside, with a patio on the roof. Two of my best friends lived in the two houses next door. This is where I was living when Patrick visited me while he was living in Hong Kong. I loved both places, but our house now is definitely my favorite. Lots more space, inside and out.


4 comments:

  1. Please don't let any Germans read this. It's bad enough that I'm not allowed heat. I don't want to have to live without running water, too. This sounds like something they'd be ALL over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the 3 of you in front of your cabin. Hope we get to see it sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, a few more posts like these and T and I will have to purchase some plane tickets to come see you!
    Moose you!

    ReplyDelete