Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Job

Gus and I just returned from a quick work trip to Seward. The Child Advocacy Centers that I manage in Homer and Kenai have been up and running for a couple of years now, but Seward is brand new. I have been working with community members for two years developing it and it feels good to finally see tangible progress. Below are photos of the Forensic Interview rooms at each Center.
Homer Forensic Interview Room
Kenai Forensic Interview Room
Seward Forensic Interview Room
This is the logo for the Kenai Peninsula Children's Advocacy Centers. A local high school student designed it in a logo contest we hosted. Isn't it lovely?
As I mentioned before, April is Child Abuse Awareness Month. One in four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before they are 18. Only 10% of child sexual abuse victims ever tell.

  If you would like to join in the fight to end the epidemic of child abuse, contact your local Children's Advocacy Center to see what you can do. You can find a list of them here.

2 comments:

  1. The interview rooms look so pretty. I've always loved your logo!!

    ReplyDelete